I bet a lot of people have been wondering what that extremely long thread in the s9y Themes forum ‘Brainstorming: What do we need template-wise?’ is all about, but never found the time or courage to read it from beginning to end At the time of writing this, the thread has 600 replies and 31777 views, it extends to 41 pages and has been going on for about seven months.
Well, this thread is where the magic of Bulletproof happened, it's where it all began with an initial post by me. Basically, I was looking for inspiration, ideas for new s9y templates, trying to figure out what kind of templates were needed. A lot of people chimed in on this suggesting various things. Somehow, this all ended up in the decision to start a ‘template framework’, a base template which would be a good starting point for new templates.
Since than initial post, seven months have passed, and now Bulletproof is finally finished (Well, more or less ). Here are some memorable dates from this long development period:
- Jan 23: That was the day I posted a request to the Themes forum on board.s9y.org to brainstorm about template needs
- Jan 26: the first bulletproof zipfile is available
- Mar 12: switching the feed icon for colorsets works
- May 11: the customizable header image works
- Jun 11: the documentation blog is up and running
- Jul 24: first snapshots of the new admin template
- Aug 24: the final Bulletproof v1.0 zipfile
So, it's been quite a ride. We've hit some rough patches along the way, it's been frustrating sometimes, but also a lot of fun. Hopefully, this will also be a lot of fun for the people using it as a template or framework